Lake Landscapes

I have so many photos from our years at the lake house that I don't have a clue what to do with them all! Whenever I go back to look through photos from previous years, I always find a few to share that haven't been shared before. 

Lately, we've been talking about schedules at the lake house for this summer... who might want to visit, who gets which timeframe, when to schedule trips for resupplying food and drinks, etc. Needless to say, the lake house has been on our minds.

It is this time of year when we are both ready for some time at the lake but it is also the time of year when I need to start getting ready for our summer. 

I must ensure that all our lake house stuff is ready to go... chairs, canopies, the kayaks, the sailboat, radios, lights, life preservers, etc. Once the snow clears out, I need to get hopping on this stuff. 

Of course, most years the snow doesn't clear out until late April or early May...  sometimes not until early June... this year, however, we didn't get much snow so I expect it to melt and clear out a bit on the early side. The sooner it is gone, the sooner I can get started on preparing all the lake house stuff.

We're pretty sure that both Lukey and Kenzie need new life preservers this year. They probably have outgrown their toddler life preservers over the past year. That is one thing we'll need to address very soon too. Maybe we'll try to take them to Dick's Sporting Goods soon. 

In the meantime, I'm sorting through some old photos and I will share a few here...
Looking a bit to the right from the house... around 7:15 pm...

Same view as above only this was shot an hour later...

6:40 am the following morning... looking a bit left from the house...


I have a lot of projects on hold around the house because of health issues over the past few months but I'll need to squeeze in some lake house prep in the coming month or two.  

By mid-September last year, we were longing to be back at the lake house! We almost made a last minute trip but, if I remember correctly, health issues arose once again to change our plans. We've actually been talking about spending a Thanksgiving week/weekend at the lake some year. 

There is no doubt that at this point in early Spring we're looking forward to getting back to the house... peaceful days, friends visiting us, paddling around in our kayaks, a fire in the wood stove, swimming, sailing, the sounds of loons through the day and through the silent nights, and a lot of great meals... yeah... I think we are ready for this!


Comments