Finally! A New Dryer!

We've been without the use of a dryer for about three weeks now.  It wasn't the end of the world though.  I set up a couple of clotheslines behind the house so we could continue to do laundry when it wasn't raining but I like absolutely nothing related to hanging clothes outside on a line so it has been a long, frustrating three weeks.

First, I really hate seeing clothes hanging in someone's yard or over a railing.  That is not the place for clothes.  Next, drying clothes is then dependent upon the weather and we get a lot of rain-days here in Waterbury.  Worse yet, all the clothes turn out flat, stiff, rough and I think some of them have gotten moldy due to the lack of high heat that a good dryer would apply to each load.  When we would bring clothes into the house to be folded, we could just stand them up in a corner because they were stiff as a board.  If they had that freshly pressed look, that would be great but they looked like they spent the afternoon drying in a puddle.  Have I mentioned lately that I hate drying clothes on a clothesline?

So now we have a nice new Samsung dryer to match our three year old Samsung washer.  I installed it about an hour ago and Sheila is now putting it to the test with a few loads of laundry.  I also have a few loads to do myself but I'll wait until she finishes her laundry.  I'm in no hurry since Sheila needs to get laundry done before going back to work and I have nowhere to be during the week...  most of the time anyway. 

This morning, Sheila and I moved the old dryer out to the yard so I could clean behind the dryer and make sure the vent was clean.  Best Buy's installers arrived about a half hour early which was a nice surprise.  They carted off the old dryer and the brought in the new dryer.  It was a simple transaction that took no longer than about ten minutes.








It took us three weeks to get a new dryer because we were waiting for the Labor Day sales to begin before ordering.  That saved us about $200 so it was worth the wait.

It is nice having a matching set of washer and dryer for a change.  And, it is really nice to be able to properly do laundry again!






Comments