New Nighttime Lighting on Garden Railroad

We finally had a weekend of solid nice weather so I had no problems doing some electronics work out at our little garden railroad.  I expected this project to take an hour or so...  it took all day so I'm very glad I waited for solid nice weather.  

I spent far too much time running in and out of the house retrieving tools.  Plus, I always forget how time consuming soldering tiny electronic parts can be for someone who rarely solders.  Needless to say, this phase of this project was far more time consuming than I anticipated.  

I set up everything in the late afternoon including some photography gear.  This way, when it did get dark enough outside at around 8pm, I was ready.  I did get some photos and video clips during the day simply to show the new streetlamps installed in position on the bridge.  

There is a short video after all these photos below.









I captured a photo of my tablet as it was running the software that controls the trains (photo below).  I have to say that the software is easy to use but the user interface is simply ugly.  It looks like it belongs on the MySpace page of someone who does scrapbooking and knows nothing about graphic arts.  It does work well and makes controlling the trains a breeze.





These streetlamps really add a nice glow to the bridge...



Here is a short three and a half minute video showing the new streetlamps and grade crossing signals in action...

Comments