View From The House

I have always wanted a photograph of the view from the house at Lake Groton...   to choose a beautiful time of day and shoot a panoramic of the same view we get from the house each day...   I think I may have succeeded this year!  This one below is the best one I have captured to date.

The view from the house on Lake Groton has always amazed and captivated us.  This view is not only seen from the deck and dock, but it can be seen from inside the house as well.  The lake-end of the house is actually out over the water like a houseboat and the windows wrap around three sides of the house allowing us this beautiful view everyday...

180 degree panoramic view from the house...
This panoramic image consists of eight photographs...  I started on the right, which is what is seen from the kitchen and dining room of the house...   then kept shooting shots as I turned left...  until I was facing the view from my desk overlooking the lake.

I stitched these eight photos together last night and then adjusted the levels a bit.  This stitched photo is about 12,000 pixels wide.  That is a large photo!

I shot a few other panoramic photos while we were there and I will post them another time.

I miss this view already!


Comments