We Arrived Back Home
Sheila and I arrived back at home last night. We were exhausted and we're still exhausted. I suspect I'll be exhausted for a couple of weeks after traveling three weeks across the country lugging around heavy bags.
I had a short hospital visit this morning and I have another short visit next week. Then I have a televisit with my oncologist the following week. I'm hoping that televisit is relatively short and uneventful with no new news to report.
Sheila was busy all day today getting ready to head back to work tomorrow but I am still recovering and slept all afternoon. I have some unpacking to do, a few loads of laundry to do, and I have a few thousand photos to review and then develop the ones worth printing and sharing.
I was sick with some sort of bug resembling COVID for the entire trip home (and still sick) and now Sheila is developing the same symptoms so she is taking a COVID test now and, before she heads to the office in the morning, she'll take another one in the morning if she tests negative tonight. If she does have COVID, she doesn't want to get everyone sick in her office so she wants to make sure she only has a cold.
I'm really exhausted though. I expected to be exhausted when we arrived home but this exhaustion is a lot more severe than I imagined! I have no strength, no energy, can't keep my eyes open and I simply feel quite lousy.
I am, however, looking forward to sorting through all my photos from the trip. I think I captured some incredible photos.
Comments
Post a Comment