Sunday Dinner with the Grandchildren

This past Sunday, the grandchildren were here to join us for dinner. I made some cheese ravioli, meatballs and tomato sauce for dinner.  I rarely make ravioli but it was pretty good... well, it was a nice change anyway.

Lukas was fairly easy to capture in photos that afternoon but Kenzie was a bit difficult this time around. Either she kept her back to me whenever I was holding my camera or she was busy doing something elsewhere. She did, however, want to view the photos on the back of the camera so she kept squeezing between me and my camera to push buttons and swipe the screen.

I showed the kids the video I put together from a visit a couple of weeks ago... that captivated them and they get very animated seeing themselves and family members on our television. The funny thing is that every time they saw themselves playing with their Thomas the Train train set, they would jump up and run over to the trains to play again. Their attention was constantly being diverted back and forth between the trains and the video of themselves. It was interesting to watch. They sure do get excited about seeing themselves on the television!

Whenever the kids visit, I play videos of their past visits, my video of Adam and I sailing, and of past train shows.  That always holds their attention and they get excited whenever they recognize other family members too. My family had a tradition of showing 'home movies' whenever relatives visited... usually short clips of a recent family party or summers at Brant Lake. Those are some really nice memories so this is something I know is nice to share with the grandchildren today.

Now, let me see if I can find a photo or two of Kenzie...


Comments