Looking Forward to the Lake

View of the night sky just after sunset from the deck.
I think it is safe to say that we are all looking forward to heading to the lake. As I sit here typing this post, I can hear the rain falling outside my window and I can't help but hope the weather is nicer very soon. There is sailing to do... kayaks to paddle... swimming to be done... short hikes to be done... socializing with guests... a lot of photos to shoot... and simply enjoying ourselves every moment of every day. I'd prefer not to be doing all of this in the rain! Well, really, I'd prefer not to be doing any of that in the rain!

Adam is graduating high school on Saturday so he is busy this week with finals and some last minute projects. I know he is looking forward to getting back out on the sailboat. I notice him eyeing the boat whenever he is in the yard. I am sure he is definitely ready to be graduating high school! So Adam is a bit antsy to get to the lake as well.

I'm sure Sheila is looking forward to sitting on the deck, in the sun, reading her Kindle while drinking a nice cool drink... quietly paddling her kayak around the lake... and just enjoying some quiet time away from work.

I'm hoping for some stable health and some nice weather. Hmmm...  make that a lot of nice weather. I never know what my health will bring from one moment to the next. The one thing that is consistent with Systemic Mastocytosis is unpredictability. We've had to cancel vacations in the past because sometimes traveling is simply impossible. On the positive side, the lake house is nearby. I'm definitely hoping for some stable and relatively 'good' health unlike what I have experienced in the past six months.

We'll have guests coming and going while we are there too. That will be a very nice change! Consistent poor health like I have experienced over the past six months causes me to feel as though I am in solitary confinement. Although my health is far from mundane, this does make for a rather boring and uneventful life most of the time. Having some adult company will be very refreshing. Besides, I am tired of talking with myself!

While I am thinking of the lake house tonight, listening to the rain fall outside, I am thinking of sitting on the deck at the lake while the sun is setting. I shot the above photo from the deck of the lake house just after sunset. When the rain finally stops, it will be pretty amazing to see some stars in the night sky again...


Comments

  1. I'm very frustrated by what Google/Blogspot does to my photos when I upload them. They always become lighter/washed out and very blotchy. I suspect they compress the image TERRIBLY as I upload it. Even when I upload my original image in the original size, the photo still becomes a bit washed out and blotchy but the photo doesn't look like that anywhere else... just here in Blogspot. It might be time to drop this blog and start a new one elsewhere. This is too frustrating. I spend all the time and effort shooting a beautiful photo only to have it ruined when I upload it here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... I've found that disabling "Lightbox" for viewing photos has helped the quality a little bit... it might be enough. I'll try it this way for a while and see how I feel...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment