Just a Simple Photo

Before I mowed the lawn yesterday morning, I noticed a tiny mushroom growing on our lawn out in front of our playhouse.  Unfortunately, since I hadn't mowed the lawn yet, the grass was taller than the tiny mushroom so I wasn't all that happy with the few photos I captured.  

I went ahead and took care of the lawn, trimmed bushes, cleaned up gardens, and did a little pruning.  I also sprayed the entire yard for ticks and other insects and had completely forgotten about this tiny mushroom which was now mulched with the grass.  

This morning, I went outside to water the flower gardens and noticed another tiny mushroom in front of the playhouse but about a foot closer to the playhouse steps.  This mushroom was about the same size as yesterday's mushroom...  approximately just under two inches tall.  This particularly species of mushroom looks like a small umbrella that is stuck into various tropical mixed drinks.  Unlike yesterday's photos, however, the photo I captured this morning looks much better because the lawn is freshly mowed!



As I was sitting out there shooting these few photos sitting on the front steps to the playhouse yesterday morning, a van slowly pulled up at the end of our driveway and the driver asked if I was capturing photos of the bear.  I asked, "Is there a bear here again???".  I quickly followed up with, "Is he here now?"

He informed that there is a big black bear right next door and he is there now!  I think the bear must have heard us talking and quickly wandered off because I never did see him.  I'm finding that the black bears really do try to avoid people at all cost...  well...  usually.  Sometimes they can get a bit too brazen by breaking into people's homes and then just staring at you when you confront them.  Most of the time, they do try their best to avoid us though.  


Comments