Revisiting the Supermoon

I went back to the folder which is holding the few images I captured the other night of the "supermoon" to see if there was another image which I might have missed the other night. Sometimes I find it is best to come back to revisit photos a few nights later or weeks later or even months later. These photos get overlooked for various reasons... I'm tired when I first looked at them... the one with the most detail gets lost in a sea of decent photos... and sometimes I just miss the potential of a particular image.

In this case, only a few days have passed but I think I did miss a nice image with some impressive detail for a full moon...





I was hoping to get outside to shoot some photos tonight but the moonrise is quite late tonight and I am exhausted already. Trying to hold a camera steady while I am exhausted is difficult to do and getting all the camera settings correct at the same time I am exhausted and not thinking clearly is next to impossible. 

I still do have some hope for the supermoon in August as well as the one in September. Actually, even though August's supermoon is the closest to Earth of these three consecutive supermoons, I have a feeling that the September Harvest supermoon might be the most impressive if the atmospheric conditions cooperate...


Comments