Finally Mowed Our Lawn


I've been really busy with adding a small half bath to the house lately. Unfortunately, I still have my regular bouts with quite lousy health too. The combination of these two things leaves little time nor energy to get anything else accomplished around the house. One thing I've let go over the past couple of weeks is the lawn.

I had some really crappy health yesterday which kept me very close to the bathroom all day so that means it was very difficult to have a productive day. Even on a relatively "good" day, I am only capable of a couple of hours of work at about half speed, at best. On fairly lousy days, I'm lucky if I can clean myself and cook for myself so simple household chores get put on hold quite regularly because of my health. On miserable days, I can do nothing and just walking to and from the bathroom requires more energy than I have to spare.

This morning I felt halfway decent and the weather was nice and cool (my health crashes rather quickly and oftentimes spectacularly in warm environments) so I decided to tackle our neglected lawn. Since the lawn was so long I needed more than twice the usual amount of time to cut it but it is now mowed... until next week, of course...  







PS...  Seeing this photo reminds me that I still need to build a few wood storm/screen doors. These two screen doors were $20 "temporary" doors I installed four or five years ago. We've certainly gotten our money's worth out of these doors but they are now all rotted out from the very moist climate here in Vermont. I've designed new doors which are sturdier and which will take glass panels in place of the screens for winter. I just need to find the time and energy to build them... and stain them... and seal them... and hang them! 

One thing at a time...


Comments