A Quick Update on Bathroom Project

It is snowy outside this morning so the conditions are not ideal for pulling shop tools out of the shed and into the yard so I figured I would give a quick update on how the bathroom project is coming along...

For the most part, the bathroom is finished and we have been using it for a week or so now. (Finally!)

I need to stain, polyurethane and install a little bit of crown molding... I need to build a small hollow beam for up at the ceiling to cover some rough plumbing...  we could use a nicer wastebasket...  and that is about all we still need to accomplish so we are almost completely finished.

I do need to repaint the hallway outside the bathroom though. Parts of that wall took a bit of a beating while I was installing the electrical wiring, boxes and switches. I needed to spackle parts of the hallway walls so they now need some new paint.

In the meantime... here are some photos of what we have as of today...  

(By the way, it is really, really nice having a second bathroom now!)


(As I mentioned above, there is still some base and crown molding missing in various areas so disregard that in these photos... I'll get to that soon...)




















You don't really see brass plumbing fixtures anymore but we were going for an architectural style and period here... so, in my opinion, the brass works here...




Below is a closeup of one of the two lighting fixtures flanking the medicine cabinet... bright enough, yet also soft, and on a dimmer...




This cabinet below was one I salvaged... Originally, this cabinet was white and very moldy so I cleaned it up and painted it to match our medicine cabinet and lamps. I also added a crown to it as well as a new, beefed-up base...  It turned out fairly well... especially compared to the moldy mess it was at the beginning of the project!







The next photo is a closeup of the door I designed and built...  I have to say that although I made a few mistakes, this door looks nice and fits the design we are incorporating into all the home renovations... those pegs are actually holding all the joints in this door together!




I just wanted to comment about the plumbing before I publish this blog post... I'm happy to report that I didn't have a single leak... all connections are dry and the waste is flowing flawlessly out of the house!  I installed a very low flow aerator on the sink faucet (same as all fixtures in the house) to keep the septic system happy. Also worth mentioning about this particular photo below... This is the plumbing behind the narrow pedestal of the pedestal sink. This is a very tight fit!!! I was actually amazed that I managed to fit all of this behind the pedestal and still keep it hidden from view.







Comments

  1. What a Cool blog and Wonderful shared to Bathroom Project, I like your awesome post and article.
    Concord trenchless

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment