Almost Full

I just thought I would add another shot of the moon here... I had been outside the other night digging my car out of the snow so I could work on it yesterday. It was cold and crisp that night and our snowy landscape was eerily illuminated by the bright, almost-full moon in the sky. 

When I finished digging out the car, I went inside and grabbed my camera... swapped lenses for the appropriate lens... and headed back out into the cold.

Physically demanding activities like shoveling snow really do a number on me nowadays... obviously, it affects my spinal injuries but it also affects my mast cell disease in various ways which rate from just annoying to dangerous. When I emerged from the house with my camera in my hands, I quickly realized that I had tremors in my hands and couldn't keep the camera as steady as I would like. This is one of the annoying symptoms which can really drag down my photography.


Regardless of the shaky hands, I felt the need to take advantage of the highly unusual clear skies to get another quick shot of the moon just before becoming a full moon. A full moon is exceptionally bright, especially in these crisp, clear skies so this allowed me to use a fast shutter speed to counter my shaky hands... not a bad shot!


Comments