Overwhelming Amount of Video

Over the past few nights, I've been collecting all the video clips I shot while we were at the lake house by putting them in a single folder on my desktop computer. After seeing the number of video clips in this folder, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the amount of video I have...

Apparently, I shot 10.4 gb's of high definition video... comprised of 60 video clips... with a total running time of almost 90 minutes. That is a lot of video!  (In addition to the 2000 or so photos I shot!) Although I shot most of this video myself, Sheila shot a few minutes of these video clips and Sheila's brother, Doug, also contributed a few video clips so I didn't actually shoot 90 minutes of video all by myself.

My plan is to cut and splice all these clips into one cohesive video that is no longer than 8-10 minutes. I honestly have no clue how I am going to do that but I need to try. 

I actually had some ideas in my head as well as on paper before we even arrived at the lake house. I was thinking a short clip of 'such and such' would be nice... a short clip of 'this and that' would be nice... I was thinking I would like to start with one thing and fade into some other specific thing... I think I bit off more than I could chew. I was on vacation for goodness sakes!

I had some very specific ideas in my head even before we headed to the lake house so I drew video storyboard to get my ideas organized. It turns out that actually shooting all the video I wanted for this storyboard would have required so much time it would've been a full time job! In the end, I only shot video when I remembered that I had a storyboard full of videos to shoot or when something interesting reminded me I should shoot some video. Admittedly, I strayed far from my storyboard.

Somehow, I know I'll manage to put together something cohesive from the 90 minutes of video clips that I did capture... in my spare time... when I am feeling well... and, when I have some time, I'll create something nice out of this collection. My goal is to get this accomplished in a few weeks. Realistically, however... I'll be happy if I get this accomplished by Thanksgiving!

I do understand that, currently, I am not feeling well... not at all... even considering I understand that any project can be a bit overwhelming for me when I am struggling with my health and that there is no hurry in getting it accomplished, I am a bit overwhelmed by the scope of this project. 

In the meantime, here are a few short clips (only a minute and twenty seconds) to give you an idea of the type of clips I have at my disposal for this annual project...

Post Edit:  Of course, these are clips straight out of the camera with no editing done to the video nor audio. I don't think I'll have any silent clips in my finished video (other than perhaps a title screen or two). Viewing this video again this morning reminded me of how odd it is to have some video clips with no sound... raw footage...



Comments

Post a Comment