Annual Christmas Visit to Church Street


Church Street
Every year, we put aside one afternoon and evening for an annual visit to Church Street during the Christmas season. Yesterday ended up being the perfect day for this annual event. 

Church Street is a nice place to visit anytime but it is especially nice at Christmastime. Yesterday was no exception and the Christmas spirits must have been looking down upon us, providing laughter, warmth, Christmas cheer and even some snow!  

Wendy, one of Sheila's coworkers, joined us yesterday at Ri Ra's for the first time. Actually, she got there a little bit prior to we did and saved some prime seats for us! She was a nice addition to some of our usual attendees... Frank, Christine and Liza. I do believe everyone had a really nice time.

We did have one casualty yesterday... I dropped a lens and damaged it beyond repair. I wasted half my shots yesterday trying to shoot photos with a lens which consistently missed focus before I realized that my shots were all out of focus. I resorted to mounting one of my old manual focus lenses instead. Manual focus and beer typically do not mix for me but I ended up some decent shots anyway. First thing this morning, I got online and ordered a new Hasselblad lens to replace this broken lens. It should arrive before Christmas... which I suppose is a nice present for me!

Ri Ra's Irish Pub was fun... the bartending was outstanding... the food was delicious... the drinks were cold and tasty... the company was outstanding... Church Street was all decked out for Christmas... it was cold as December should be and snow was finally falling out of the sky... all of this made for a very memorable visit to Church Street for Christmas!

Thanks, Frank, Christine, Liza and Wendy!















Smiling while chewing on hot kettle corn...







Comments