A Couple of Rare Lens Finds

This is almost not worth writing about but I'm still pretty excited by this so I felt I should write something. Plus, I'm worn out enough to keep me a bit sedentary and at my desk today. I'm so worn out, actually, that my vision is a bit lousy today too. Anyway, I'm here at my desk and figured I should write a little bit.

I've been evaluating my lens and camera needs over the past few weeks. I'm not going to bore you with all of the details of my decisions but this evaluation process got me looking at what is available at this moment in time. I found a couple of Hasselblad lenses on clearance... at a fraction of their original cost... brand new... at prices so low that I could not walk away from the deals.


I picked up a Hasselblad E 16mm f2.8 pancake lens. I actually needed to replace a Sony version of this lens that I had dropped and I accidentally found this one on clearance. 

The image quality created by this new Hasselblad lens is far better than the Sony version I had dropped and ruined. Overall, this Hasselblad lens is leaps and bounds better than the Sony lens I had dropped and ruined so this turned into a very happy mistake. 

After noticing such a vast difference in the quality between the Sony version and the Hasselblad versions, I started looking for other deals like the one I had already found on that pancake lens.

I found a new Hasselblad 18-55mm lens on clearance as well. Again, the price was right so I jumped on it and ordered it. Once again, the quality is great and the price was significantly less than any other new lens and only a fraction of the cost of this Hasselblad lens when it was not on clearance. It was a wise purchase. I already own a basic kit lens made by Sony but this Hasselblad lens is smaller so I was thinking it might be good for travel.

I also wanted to get my hands on a Hasselblad 18-200mm lens... I found a new one on eBay... put it in my watch list because the price was a bit high for my personal budget... the seller had two of them...  I figured I had time to decide... I checked back in the morning and both lenses were sold. Bummer.  

I'll continue searching for another deal such as the one I missed... time will tell...

Comments