Yesterday's Photos

I got up out of bed at 6:30am this morning so we could all go kayaking as the fog rose off the flat, silent lake... it is now after 8:00am and everyone else is still asleep in their beds!  I guess there will be no early morning kayaking today... maybe I'll get to eat a quiet breakfast on my own.

In the meantime while I am waiting for everyone, I sorted through the hundreds of photos I shot yesterday. It was a really nice Father's Day here and here are a few photos from all of our activities yesterday...






We thought that this might have been an eagle or perhaps a hawk...
it was the usual ugly-duckling... the Vermont Turkey Vulture.
I suspect many people THINK they see a Bald Eagle but
it is really one of these ugly scavengers.


Deep water training...

Deep water training...

Lukey and Papa sailing...

Lukey and Papa sailing...

Lukey and Papa sailing...  Kenzie has not gotten up the nerve to get in the sailboat yet.





Lukey paddled the whole way on this trip.




A very wide angle view of the house...

Lukey didn't want to get out of the water yesterday evening so Gee was stuck
getting waterlogged with him...

Last night's sunset.



Comments

  1. great set of photos! around here in Michigan, turkey vultures usually have all dark feathers, whereas the similar sized hawks all have lighter colored wing feathers - that's my usual first clue to determine hawk or vulture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! These birds were high in bright sky so they were just tiny silhouettes against the bright sky. It wasn't until I zoomed in on my computer that I was able to identify the wing feather colors and the tiny head. Our guests here at the lake house often claim to have seen a Bald Eagle but I've never seen one here nor have I ever seen photos. Loons, ducks, Turkey Vultures, some different types of hawks, Great Blue Herons... this are the big birds we see here regularly. Glad you liked the photos!

      Delete

Post a Comment