Post Holiday Poor Health

Whenever I 'overdo' it, my health crashes into poor or miserable levels quite often delving into dangerous waters that causes a further deterioration of health which includes anaphylaxis. I've had some transient health issues on and off throughout the Christmas season but not anything classifying as 'dangerous'... until now. 

Shortly after going to bed last night, my health crashed causing sudden anaphylaxis. My body responded to the drop in blood pressure as it should causing flushing and sudden palpitations. I was already in bed, however... already completely spent... now struggling with bigger issues... and, unfortunately, I never made it to my emergency medications.  

I remember the sudden drop in energy levels... I remember instantly having difficulty keeping my eyes open... I had thought I was simply tired. In hindsight, I think these were signs of impending anaphylaxis. About an hour or two later, while still struggling with keeping my eyes open, I remember very noticeable palpitations and thinking, "Uggg... I don't have my emergency medications here in the bedroom tonight..." Things then seemed to start to level off again... within just a few short minutes so that is good news...  while I was monitoring my own health, I passed out, exhausted. Now, THAT, wasn't a good thing at all. 

I should have gotten out of bed, retrieved my bag of emergency medications and taken a serious dose of emergency medications including epinephrine. I did none of that. 

On the positive side, my body did respond appropriately on its own and I awoke in the morning. The downside is that I am completely spent and feel as though I was hit by a locomotive... I am having lingering mild breathing difficulties... sort of like I got the wind knocked out of me... or like I was doing a lot of underwater swimming in a chlorinated swimming pool... and my bones and joints are screaming in pain as well... 

This morning, I am pounding some extra medications as well as some emergency medications. Today will definitely be a 'down day' of overwhelming fatigue as well as drowsiness from the emergency medications. 

I do have some photos to share so maybe I'll try to post a non-health-related blog post while my health is recovering...

Comments