Another Wasted, Lousy, Miserable Week

I've been residing here and on the couch for the past five months.

Another week has passed and it has been similar to weeks over the past five months... lousy, miserable and a complete waste of time.

I've been sick with a lousy cold which has aggravated my mast cells. The cold has been bad enough to keep me in bed and on the couch but, worse yet, these sorts of things always aggravate my mast cell illness too resulting in many more problems than just a flu-like cold. 

I've done nothing this past week other than sleep, blow my nose, watch movies until I fall asleep, blow my nose, take medications, blow my nose some more, and take more medications. My bone pain has been far worse lately. Everything hurts.

Then today... we lost water in the house early this morning. Fun times. 

I overheard one of our neighbors saying that they were working on a water main down the block. We didn't have water until almost 6:30pm...  and, even then, it was just brown, muddy water!

This brown muddy water quickly clogged up all the valves, aerators and filters in the house. This was something I definitely did not want to deal with feeling the way I've been feeling. 

I just recently installed two new toilets in the house and now they were filled with muddy water! Mud and sediment gets into all the little holes where water should flow freely. It gets into valves and cakes them up. It instantly clogs up aerators. 

I had to pull apart three faucets... dismantle our whole house water filter... and then run water until the muddy water was gone. At around 8pm... after an hour and a half of running and wasting water... we finally had cleared out most of the muddy, sediment-filled water. 

Tomorrow, I'll have to find the energy to finish clearing out our plumbing in the laundry room and then run a few empty loads in our washing machine until the water runs clear. Plus, I need to do laundry...  and I need to somehow find the energy to cut the lawn at some point.

I'm already aggravated by my health and this nasty, miserable cold because I have a long list of things to do before we head to the lake house and now we were hit by this water problem... I'm aggravated beyond belief. 

In time, I'll be able to better assess the damage to our plumbing and fixtures. I suspect I'll need to once again replace the innards to each toilet... replace our expensive high pressure low-flow aerators... continually replace expensive whole house water filters until the problem is cleared... replace our expensive clogged up high pressure low-flow showerhead... and I'm afraid our water heater is now filled with mud and sediment. I really don't have the energy for this nonsense.  

And, I'm feeling rather lousy just trying to get through each hour of each day.


Comments