More Down Days

I've had a few good days recently and managed to get a few things accomplished around the house but that never lasts long. My health is often in a constant see-saw motion... sometimes a roller coaster motion... and lately, I've been struggling with a few days on the low end of these fun rides.

During those few good days, I built a few new planters for our front deck and two new window boxes for the front of the house. I was on a roll and I was optimistic that some good health would continue so I could get more accomplished on the house. It was a nice thought but what the hell was I thinking? 

My health was rather poor yesterday with weakness, dizziness, lightheadedness, and simply feeling rather poor. I even spent some time in the bathroom sick as a dog. It wasn't until later in the day that I realized that what was really bothering me the most was bone pain. 

This bone pain is brutal. It is pain all through my body. Everything hurts but especially my long bones. There is no getting comfortable. By 8pm last night I was unable to sit still because the pain was so brutal. At that point I drugged myself with a bunch of extra medications as well as my usual nighttime medications and headed to bed.  

Whenever this happens, my health requires a few days to recover. Sometimes my health requires a number of weeks or even months to recover. Right now I'm hoping I only need a day or two to recover so I can get back to some more renovations. 

In the meantime, I'm trying to find things to keep my mind busy. One of the things I tried to accomplish was to shoot some photos of our wildflower gardens. I sorted through those photos this morning and there are a few worth sharing here so here we go...


















I'm looking forward to finishing these planters and window boxes so we can add more color to the house in the way of flowers. The summer season is very short here so there is a lot to get accomplished in a short amount of time. It would be nice if my health would cooperate for a change.

One of the side effects of all these extra medications I take in an attempt to minimize my symptoms is that they make me very hungry... famished would be a better term. Yesterday my bone pain was so bad that I was nauseated all day long yet I was still famished. I don't know how I could be both at the same time but I was. I would attempt to eat something and the nausea would get worse. Fun times. 

I'm going to go attempt to eat something again...  I'm famished!


Comments