Some Pain and Changing Positions


After showering this morning, I came back to the bedroom to find Sheila propped up in bed and reading. 

Considering the circumstances, it seems she is feeling quite well but not well enough to be frustrated by the inactivity. I'm not sure boredom has stepped in yet either because she is probably still catching up on much needed rest and sleep. 

What I have noticed and understand all too well is her careful search and selection of different positions in order to find some comfort and less pain.

Right now she is taking her first shower since before the surgery so I expect her pain to increase after this little bit of activity and pressure. Any movement, so far, has been quite painful and she is still moving quite slowly. As I mentioned in previous blog entries, the area where the surgeon removed a few lymph nodes hurts the most and this still holds true this morning. 

All in all, however, I think she is doing quite well considering the past week and a half... and, it was nice to find her sitting up in bed this morning reading her Kindle.


Comments