A Day of Hockey

We've missed most of Lukey's hockey season due to Sheila's health issues over the past seven months but we did manage to get to a couple of games this season. Actually, we've missed most of everything over the past seven months but we were fortunate enough to be able to make a day of Lukey's last hockey game of the season a week ago...



Lukey is number 10...


Lukey has become a fairly quick skater since we've last seen him play...




For Mallory and Kenzie, this was more of a snack and socializing day... 






Unfortunately, I was stuck shooting photos through puck-marked glass. This made for less-than-sharp photos, at best. Some of the photos have reflections and some are slightly obscured by puck-marks on the glass. I still managed to capture some decent photos though...



These next four photos are a great series...  in the first photo, Lukey is blocking a shot with his skate... the puck is hard to see because it is blended in with his right skate in this photo... 


After Lukey's block, the puck is loose between him and a Stowe player...

He quickly attempts to clear the puck but the Stowe player gets the puck...


Then... Lukey applies defensive tactics ala Gerry Hart-style that I haven't seen since the 1980's... diving to block the second shot in front of the goal... he blocks the second shot with his body and the puck is cleared out to another Harwood player...






After the game, Gee and I treated the family to lunch and drinks at 'The Whip' in the Green Mountain Inn... always a great meal here...










Lukey spent a little time with my camera and captured the next two shots... I managed to get one of my eyes in the frame on the top right... I don't know what Kenzie's problem is in this shot...


Looking out to the snow-covered patio and pool behind our table... 


Then Kenzie grabbed my camera for a little bit and managed to get a photo of me... an exceptionally rare shot!



It was a really nice day! The hockey game was fun and Lukey did quite well. We got to see many more friends and family than we thought we would see so that was a nice surprise considering how little socializing we've been able to do since the beginning of last summer. Lunch was delicious and a lot of fun too! 

I think everyone enjoyed the day... I know Gee and Papa did!

Comments