Toy Story Under Our Tree

I'm not sure I have written anything here about this past Christmas morning with the grandkids. Uggg... I just checked to see if I did anything with all the photos from Christmas morning and it turns out that I have not! Wow... I am really behind in writing here on this blog and sharing photos. 

So now I'm sitting here thinking about why I am so far behind in keeping the blog up to date... I also probably haven't even shared much from Liza's wedding... Thanksgiving... and a few other things in December, January and February. Poor health, feeling miserable, being exhausted, and a lot of medical appointments seems to have completely consumed our time and energy. Between the two of us, we really haven't done much in a couple of months. We're both exhausted and, until the past day or two, we've been feeling quite lousy, generally speaking.

One morning after Christmas, the house was quiet and the toys were sitting there under the tree and it reminded me of Toy Story... the toys playing with each other when the kids were nowhere nearby...

These two mischievous bumper cars whirred to life and I noticed their drivers donning their spiky helmets in preparation to crashing into each other catapulting the loser into the air like they are sitting in fancy James Bond ejector seats...


Doc McStuffins' bag was rattling and shaking as her medical instruments were trying to get out of her bag to look for Kenzie, errr, Doc McKenzington...


Lightning McQueen was revving up his engine making all sorts of loud, rather rude noises...


Then I heard a little car door close and noticed that Minnie was getting ready for a short ride...


The hammer from Kenzie's toolbox was trying to jump out of the box and get to work...


One afternoon, I caught Kenzie's Moana doll walking into the kitchen and singing away...  (Uggg... please, somebody... anybody... get her to stop...)


Minnie Mouse went for a quick ride in her pink convertible zipping across the kitchen floor...


Papa's new locomotive found its way out of his box...


Then, late one evening, Papa's locomotive was out going for a short ride on his own after all the other toys had been put away in the toy/train room...


The trolley was ringing his bell as he slowly rolled back and forth on the mantle...


Eventually, the toys were all put away in the toy room and we were left with the last days of the Christmas decorations...









Sheila and I went out with Frank and Christine on New Year's Eve for a very nice and quiet celebration (we were very low energy and feeling quite lousy this particular night so "nice and quiet" was definitely welcomed)... It was a delicious dinner and it is always nice spending some time with Frank and Christine...


I'll need to sift through some folders of photos from December through February and see if there are any other photos to share. I know there are probably a few photos from Liza's wedding to share...  maybe a few photos from some Christmas-type outings in December... and certainly a few photos of Christmas morning with the grandkids as they opened their gifts. 


Comments