Spring Concert

Last night, we were invited to Lukey and Kenzie's Spring Concert. It was a short but sweet program in the always-too-hot and always-too-dark gym. It's obvious from the photos that the kids really seemed to enjoy themselves and I have to say that they put on a great show!

This is always a very dark gym so I've always encountered some minor difficulties with shooting photos and last night was no exception. Last night I was encountering intermittent autofocus problems in the terrible low light so I had to resort to my skills at manual focusing. Fortunately, when I first started in photography, manual focus was the only way to focus so I do have experience with this. Unfortunately, I've been spoiled by years of autofocus so I'm a bit out of practice. Still, I managed to get some nice crisp photos. 

The other difficulty I had in shooting photos last night is that Miss Mackenzie has recently been moving into a phase of shying away from Papa's camera. Even last night she was attempting to align herself behind those around her whenever she noticed Papa's camera pointing her way. I knew she was watching me because I often saw her looking directly into my lens... then she would lean away and behind anyone around her. Lukey is going the opposite direction and leans toward Papa's camera. 

Incidentally, the one sure-fire way to awaken our warrior princess, Ellie, in the hospital is for Papa to start shooting photos of her... the soft click of Papa's shutter instantly awakens her and she instantly grabs a hold of Gee's finger with wide eyes. More on Ellie in another blog entry... for now, here are the photos from Lukey and Kenzie's Spring Concert last night...
























Comments