Back to Accomplishing a Few Small Chores

I've spent the past 18 days struggling with chronic and serious health issues related to a failed attempt at a colonoscopy. It has been a rough few weeks and a few weeks of nothingness... just trying to get through one moment to the next. 

After constant and consistent extra medications, I am finally beginning to feel more like myself again. I'm not feeling "good"... I am not anywhere near what is considered "normal" for me... but I am feeling decent enough to safely attempt a few small chores around the house. I even started back on a very light version of my daily physical therapy for my spinal injuries (which is much needed!).  

Needless to say, after all this time of nothingness, there is a lot to be done around here because everything, other than my health, has been ignored and neglected. 

I did some preventive maintenance on my furnace... then I had to get the thermostat in working order again. The heat kicked on after this little bit of work although I ordered a new thermostat which I'll install on Monday or Tuesday, depending upon how I'm feeling.

I had to do a little bit of work on our icemaker again. I dislocated my thumb last time I did this so I was not looking forward to this little task but it went well. After getting the icemaker in order, I felt it was a good time to change the whole house water filter and the water filter in our refrigerator so I did that too. 

These are all little things but they are significant after weeks of nothingness. And, best of all, I'm still feeling "decent.


Comments