Still Waiting on Health

On our way back home from California, apparently, I picked up the flu. I rarely test positive for anything but I somehow managed to test positive for the flu this time around.  Usually, test results are inconclusive whenever I'm tested and we need to come to some sort of clinical diagnosis instead.  This time around, however, I tested positive for Influenza A.  It was almost too easy!

The doctor immediately started me on an anti-viral medication and I noticed a positive difference within a day.  That was good news!  I took the five days of required medication and improved each day but, the moment I finished the course of drugs, I immediately started getting worse again.  This is not so good.  

So, now we've been back home for a little more than a week and a half and I am still quite sick with the flu.  I'm coughing, having difficulty breathing, not much of an appetite, sleeping a lot, and I'm generally feeling pretty lousy.  

Of course, my primary illness would typically have me feeling miserable for the next couple of months anyway after such a long, grueling trip.  Whenever I push my body, my primary illness causes my health to crash.  This time around, I guess my usual long recovery is compounded with having the flu so nothing is getting accomplished at all on my end.  

Anyway, I have not had the energy to do anything with any of the 6500+ photos I shot during the trip.  I haven't been able to think clearly enough to write any blog posts either.  I've attempted to write a few times but quickly realized I was not thinking clearly enough to start writing about our long trip.  Actually, the trip is a bit fuzzy in my head right now.

At this point, I feel like the blog and photos will have to be put on the back burner.  There are a lot of things that need to be done when I'm feeling up to it. Updating the blog and posting photos and video is not a priority.  

Comments