Another Overly Long Bout of Poor Health

This is just a quick blog entry to write about some recent lousy health.  Since most people assume all is well when they hear nothing about health issues, I try to remember to write about some of these issues every now and then because all is not well with my health.  This is one of those times.

Thinking back, this started with some mast cell issues for a week or two after we met some friends for dinner.  Quite often, just an afternoon and early evening out on the town can severely impact my health for a few weeks.  

Then I had some significant spinal issues after removing some snow from around the house and the roof.  Actually, I am still trying to recover from the spinal inflammation and pain.

Now I'm dealing with an annoying cold.  Unfortunately, a cold agitates and angers my already over-active mast cells which compounds and prolongs the cold and brings on all sorts of other debilitating symptoms.  A cold also makes my breathing issues worse and I've had a lot of breathing issues lately.

I think the worst part of this prolonged bout of poor health has been the pain.  Not only is my spinal pain excruciating but I have a lot of bone pain too.  Everything hurts...  all day... everyday.  Bone pain is difficult to accurately describe but believe me when I say that it is an overwhelming, widespread and relentless pain.

Some days, the pain has been so bad that I can't concentrate enough to write or play the piano.  Then mast cell nonsense cuts into my daily physical therapy which, in turn, makes my spinal pain even worse.  Bone pain often rears its ugly head after mast cell degranulation and can last for weeks or even months.  It is one of those things that is a result of the mast cell disease.   

My spinal pain from my extensive spinal injuries radiates through my entire spinal column...  especially after being fairly active for some reason like removing snow, yardwork, housework, etc.  I can feel the pain through my ribcage as I breath.  I can feel pain out to my hips, through my groin, and down to my feet.  At times, I can't stand and find myself propped up against a wall or doorframe or hanging on to a countertop to keep from crumbling to the floor until the pain subsides enough to rise to my feet again.

Fatigue...  uggg...  the overwhelming fatigue is, well, overwhelming.  As you would expect, a lot of pain often compounds the fatigue issue because the pain makes sleeping difficult.  I can't seem to get comfortable and I'm exhausted.  And, as a consequence to all these health problems, I have to admit that I am a bit bored...  and frustrated...  and easily annoyed.

Cognitive issues come and go.  Fatigue compounds this problem as well.  Pain doesn't help.  And, my mast cells cause cognitive issues all by themselves anyway.  

Anyway, I've had a few rough weeks as far as my health goes.  


Comments