Christmastime at Home

It is finally beginning to feel like Christmas!  All the presents are wrapped and under the tree.  The house is decorated inside and out.  We'll soon begin our much anticipated Christmas celebrations at the house.  

We had a little setback this morning.  When we got up this morning, both Sheila and I felt that the house seemed colder than usual.  Upon checking the thermostat, I noticed that it was indeed cold in the house compared to the thermostat's settings.  I had noticed some minor issues with the furnace a few days ago but didn't act upon it and now I was regretting putting off investigating further.

The first thing I checked was the thermostat but that seemed to be working normally.  The next most likely culprit was a frosty/gelled fuel line coming into the house.  After finding a container to use for catching fuel, I bled the line from the tank...  we got about a pint of frosty, gelled fuel as I had suspected.  The week of sub-zero temperatures was too much and started to freeze our fuel line. 

After bleeding the line, the furnace began to run on its own.  This was good news but I would need to add an anti-freeze to our tank.  We ran downtown to get a couple of bottles of diesel anti-freeze.  When we arrived back home, the house was warm and the furnace was still running as it should.  I then added a bottle of anti-freeze to our tank.  Hopefully that will be the end of our furnace troubles for a long while!

Then we turned our attention to straightening up the house and preparing for Christmas guests.  This Christmas week will be a busy one for us.  

This evening, I shot some photos of our tree and all the presents under the tree...












A Christmas selfie of sorts...



We're looking forward to a nice, warm, healthy and merry Christmas week!


Comments