Lukey's Trains in the Backyard

Back around Labor Day, Lukey came over and we brought his trains outside to the backyard.  Gee's new office is in what was the train room so we currently lack the space in the house for running trains.  Besides, bringing these trains outdoors also provides nicer backgrounds and lighting for photos.

This particular day was overcast and dark clouds were moving in very quickly but we figured we had an hour or two before the rain would start.  I was not feeling all that great on this day...  I was feeling lousy enough that I vividly remember feeling lousy on this day.  I had significant breathing problems, I was nauseated and holding back vomit, and I generally felt lousy.  I also had significant spinal pain that was probably adding to the breathing problems and nausea.  We still managed to get the trains up and running in the backyard for a little while though...

One of the great things about bringing the trains outdoors is that I can capture some nice photos.  The lighting is realistic because it is the real sun lighting everything and the backgrounds are natural rather than seeing typical indoor clutter.  I wish we had more time to devote to capturing some good photos on this day though...
It is nice to see foliage in the background!
Lukey's Amtrak set runs very smoothly and the sound is very realistic (I installed the sound myself).  Whenever I hear this locomotive running, it reminds me of being on Amtrak... car rocking...  horn blowing as we cross roads...  I'm sure it reminds Lukey of the same.
Lukey is carefully driving this train as though he is an Amtrak engineer...  concerned about stopping in the right places, concerned about operating the train as smoothly as possible so passengers don't go bouncing around inside the train, and concerned about keeping on a schedule...
An Amtrak train, below, pulling out of the station...






It wasn't long before the wind picked up and the sky grew darker.  We managed to get all the trains, the electronics, and the layout back in the house just before the rain began.  Next time, we'll need to run a steam freight train though...


Comments