Worn Out and Still Limping

It has been a rather lousy week so far, after a lousy few weeks, after a rather lousy year of lousy health. 

Actually, I should go back a few weeks...  I spent the past three weeks trying to get a prescription refill for one of my most important drugs.  This drug has made the most positive impact on my health since procuring this insidious illness.  A few weeks ago, I got a call from the pharmacy looking to get approval to charge my card.  I thought that was a little odd so I asked why I was being asked this unusual question.  The customer service representative pulled up another screen and suddenly exclaimed, "Oh my!"  She then explained that my copay would be $8700 for my 90 day refill.  

I sort of chuckled and informed her that even if she tried to charge my card, she would get nothing with a bill so far beyond what I have in the bank so, approval from me or not, they wouldn't be getting any money.  

I went back and forth between my doctor's office and the pharmacy for the next three weeks trying to resolve this problem.  It seems that most of this drug has been bought up by hospitals treating COVID-19 patients.  The lack of supply then drove the price up astronomically... criminally...  absurdly.  

I think I managed to find a replacement drug...  this replacement hasn't worked out all that well for me in the past but we'll see how I do on it this time around.  I know I can't do without this type of drug altogether so this replacement is better than nothing. 

Then, this morning, the icemaker in the fridge stopped working...  again.  This has been a recurring problem for about two years now.  I purchased some parts last summer and they just arrived a few weeks ago.  Yes, they took about six or seven months to arrive and even that small menial task was problematic with telephone calls back and forth with Samsung Parts.  The parts finally arrived but, unfortunately, my ankle was injured just after that and I have been laid up since then.  Now, however, I needed to do something about it.  

I spent five hours on that icemaker problem today.  The icemaker appears to be working so that is good.  I'm not completely confident that the problem will be totally resolved though.  Time will tell.  The five hours spent repairing the refrigerator today was brutal on my ankle...  and has left me very worn out.  

After three weeks of limping around and hopping around on one leg, my spinal injuries are screaming at me as well as having sore muscles, constantly cramping muscles and joint pain on the side of my body that was taking all my weight and abuse for the past three weeks.  Standing around for five hours today while working on the fridge was painful and really wore me out.

As if all of that hasn't been enough, we've been having great difficulty getting InstaCart to work for us the past week.  We are almost out of food at this point.  Both Sheila and I attempted to get the app to work again tonight in an attempt to order some much needed food but it was clear the app is still not working.  This has been the case since last Thursday morning.  InstaCart is a great idea, especially during a pandemic, but its implementation has been poor, at best.

It is time to get some sleep.  I'll attempt to place an InstaCart grocery order in the morning.

Comments