Eye Back to Normal

My right eye is back to feeling normal again so I guess my scratched cornea has healed.  It was quite painful for a while!

In the beginning of the pain, I didn't remember doing anything that could have caused a scratched cornea.  Then one evening when I was tending to my eye in front of the bathroom mirror, I did something that reminded me exactly of what caused my scratched cornea.  

I had picked up my eyeglasses with one hand because the eye drops were in my other hand.  Usually I use two hands with my eyeglasses so that I don't cause bent lopsided eyeglasses.  This time I had the eye drops in one hand and tried putting my eyeglasses on my head with the other hand.  I suddenly remembered that I did the same thing a few nights previously...

Back a few nights previously, I had something else in my right hand when I attempted to place my eyeglasses on my head with my left hand.  Unfortunately, I misjudged distance and I poked my right eye with the right temple tip of my eyeglasses while trying to place my eyeglasses on my head.  It hurt but not terribly.  It sort of grossed me out more than it hurt at the time.  I suppose it hurt enough for me to be distracted enough to not notice pain due to a scratched cornea.  

The following morning is when I really felt the pain...  a lot of pain!  I suppose my eye may have been bruised a bit too but I know I had a scratched cornea too due to the sharp, gritty pain like I had a big sharp grain of sand stuck in my eye.  After a week or so of care, it has healed nicely.

Anyway, my cornea is pain-free now.  

Comments