Cleaning Up Comments Section

I just spent a little bit of time cleaning up the comments section of this blog.  I used to check the comments weekly so I could respond to any questions that may have been asked of me but, since the pandemic, I have really been slipping when it comes to effectively managing and updating this blog.  This morning I found that there were a bunch of spam comments peppered throughout this blog but they have been now been deleted. 

I certainly welcome civil comments that are related to the content, however, if any comment includes a link to a business, to a product, to anything remotely resembling spam, it will be deleted.  If the comment is unrelated to the content of this blog or the particular blog post, it will be deleted.  If I find myself spending too much time deleting comments, I will simply turn off the comment feature on this entire blog.  


UPDATE - 17 February 2022:  I am tired of seeing two blog entries about Zenni Optical in my left hand column of "Most Popular" blog posts so I removed them.  I'm not the biggest fan of Zenni in recent years either so I'd like to stop the Zenni fans from visiting.  

I'm don't like what they've done with their website.  They have made it incredibly difficult to search for eyeglass frames.  Their choice of frames does not match my style whatsoever either so I have not purchased anything from them in the past few years.  I simply can't find frames that I would wear.  

So, I've removed my couple of blog entries about Zenni Optical.  Oh, this should also cut down on most of the spam comments I must delete on a regular basis!

Comments