Another Round of COVID Boosters

This is just a short blog entry to say that Sheila and I received our COVID Booster shots again today.  This will allow us to stay as protected as possible through the summer.  I suspect we'll be getting boosters again sometime around the holidays.

Sheila and I are still laying low, staying home, and being as safe as possible.  Once a week we venture out to do our grocery shopping and we always wear a mask whenever we are in public.  This won't change at all regardless of being current on our vaccines.  This virus is deadly serious and nobody yet knows how the human body will handle the long term effects of this virus.  I know that my Epstein-Barr virus has been brutal on my body.  This current virus is still an unknown but significantly more deadly than even the Epstein-Barr virus so, if this virus is anything like all other viruses, there will likely be a painful and likely lifelong health penalty to pay if you get infected.

This being said, Sheila and I have already had this virus twice (once long before vaccines were available and a much more mild case since being vaccinated and boosted) but I can say with absolute certainty that we are struggling with long-lasting symptoms.  If you read this blog, then you are probably already aware of the so-called "long COVID" (what a stupid name/phrase) problems that are affecting our everyday lives so I'm not going to get into all that in this blog entry.  Our second bout of the virus was only a tiny fraction of what we struggled with the first time around and this far milder second bout was no doubt due to being vaccinated and boosted.

Additionally, another reason to stay as safe as possible through this worldwide pandemic is that our friends have not fared well this calendar year.  We've lost some friends and I'm not fighting through my debilitating primary illness only to die due to ignorance about the seriousness of this virus.  This is serious.  This is significant.  I don't want expend so much energy struggling through my primary illness only to end up like too many of those around us due to a virus.  This is one time when sharing is a very bad practice.  Sharing this virus (spreading this virus) would be incredibly irresponsible of us so we plan to stay responsible and stay within our own safe little bubble.  

As of this morning, we're now up-to-date with our vaccinations again.  I believe we received our fourth shots this morning.  So far, we have no side effects other than very minor localized arm soreness.  Any sort of side effects I've experienced with any of these shots has been nothing compared to my everyday health issues.  Actually, I feel that anyone who complains about some minor, transient and very temporary side-effects is an incredible wuss.


EDIT:  As of bedtime, Sheila was feeling achy and had chills.  I'm still feeling 'normal' for me so there is nothing worth mentioning.


EDIT - The following morning:  Sheila feels a bit better this morning compared to last night.  Some acetaminophen and ibuprofen resolved her discomfort.  I still feel fine which likely just means that the discomfort from my booster vaccine has not risen to the level of my everyday bothersome symptoms, everyday pain and everyday inflammation.


Comments