Mower Blade Sharpening

I
did some mower blade sharpening and balancing this morning.  That little bit of activity started another coughing bout which helped to clear out my lungs a bit so I guess that is a good outcome.  

This illness/virus just won't go away though.  My O2 level is at 94% now which is not great but better than it has been.  I've been as low as the mid-80s.  So, I suppose I am improving...  slowly...  very slowly.  I suspect that the low oxygen intake is adding to my usual overwhelming fatigue.  Anyway, I did a little bit of very light work in the yard this morning.

Oh yeah...  before I did the blade sharpening, I also sheared a bush in the yard that was far too shaggy.  Shaggy, sloppy landscaping drives me crazy.  There is rarely a good excuse for it so I hate seeing it.  Shaggy, sloppy landscaping is more often due to laziness and I hate laziness and procrastination as well.  

The most strenuous part of cleaning up that one tall bush in our yard was pulling out a step ladder and climbing the step ladder.  That is looking a lot better now.  Then I moved to the mower blade. 

I have two blades for the mower so I sharpened the one that is not currently installed on the mower.  I still need to remove the blade that is on the mower and sharpen that one too.  I prefer the blade that is currently on the mower because it is a better mulching blade so I'll probably sharpen and balance that blade before I mow the lawn again.  Maybe I'll try to tackle that tomorrow morning.  

I've been putting off mowing the lawn because I haven't had the energy.  I would have a coughing fit within two passes of the lawnmower too so I think I'll put the lawn off for another few days.  Actually, just pulling the lawnmower out of the shed and bending over to start it will probably be enough to start a major coughing fit.  Bending over seems to cause more of a reaction than walking.  

Hopefully, I'll be feeling well enough to get some landscaping work done in the yard by the end of the week.



Comments