Lunch and a Cider Mill

While Adam and Joi were visiting us, we did quite a bit of sightseeing and eating out.  That was a really nice change after spending much of three years in the house during the worst periods of the pandemic.  Of course, we're all still vulnerable to the virus and we still develop the virus every now and then but, after being vaccinated and boosted many times, the severity of the virus seems to be far less than before we were vaccinated and boosted.  That has certainly been the case for us.  

_________________________________________________________________

Ironically, as I write this blog entry, we have the virus running through the family yet again.  Whitney's household is testing positive which is very bad news since our granddaughter in that household has cystic fibrosis so is considered very high risk.  Today, Lukey (in Liza's household) tested positive and is feeling a bit lousy too.  We're hoping that everyone recovers quickly and unremarkably and, of course, we're hoping that Sheila and I will be spared this time around.  

I've already had the virus three times and it is something I do not want to experience ever again.  My five month bout with the virus before vaccines were available was brutal, painful and life threatening.  As I said, though, this virus hasn't been nearly as severe now that we are vaccinated and boosted.  It is still a miserable virus just like most viruses but it is far less severe when vaccinated and boosted.  My overall health and now my age (over 60), however, create a concern regardless of being vaccinated and boosted so I'd like to completely avoid another bout with this virus.  I happen to fall into the category of high risk for a few unfortunate reasons so I could do without ever getting this virus again.

_________________________________________________________________

Anyway, it was really nice to get out to do some sightseeing and visit some restaurants while Adam and Joi were visiting.  We certainly had a great time with them.  

One of our first stops with Adam and Joi was lunch at Sarducci's which is an Italian restaurant inside what used to be Montpelier's train station.  It is a pretty nice place.  I've spent some time in this place long before I met Sheila and Sheila and I have been there many times together.  They have great food and, over the years, they've had some nice bartenders.




As you can see in the photo below, the view overlooking the Winooski River is nice and was especially nice on this beautiful autumn day.  The water, although very low this year, was crystal clear and we actually spotted a family of snapping turtles in the river as we were being seated at our table.  


Adam ordered a lobster ravioli dish...  I believe Joi had a Fettuccini Pesto with salmon...


Sheila had her usual salmon and asparagus...  I think that is a balsamic drizzle over the salmon...  


And, I ordered my usual chicken parmesan...


After lunch, we headed back toward Waterbury and visited our local cider mill.  Below, Adam, Joi and Sheila are taste testing the cider...



We spent some time wandering through the crowd of tourists in the store at the cider mill.  (I purposely try to avoid capturing strangers in my photos so I was careful in choosing shooting angles which is the only reason it does not look crowded in my photos.)  Adam and Joi found quite a bit to purchase and bring home with them.  Sheila and I purchased the usual fresh cider donuts and a fresh apple pie.  


We walked to the back end of the property at the cider mill to get a view of the Worcester Range.  I wanted to see if it would be worth a few photos...  ehh...  honestly, I was a little disappointed.  


Then we hopped in our open-air rusted jalopy to head back home....  just kidding.  There are the remains of two antique vehicles at the back end of this property which have been there for longer than I have lived here...  which is far too long at almost 30 years now...   uggg.  

This was another really nice afternoon and evening spent with Adam and Joi.  


Comments