A Few Late Autumn Photos

I'm having difficulty finding words and thinking clearly this morning so I'll keep this blog entry relatively short.  

Back a few weeks ago, Sheila and I headed down to Northfield to meet with some good friends who now live in another state.  They were in town for a family event and, fortunately, had a couple of hours to squeeze in a lunch with us.  Naturally, we wished we had far more time with them but we understand how hectic a family visit can be.  We don't see them nearly often enough so it was great to connect with them for lunch.

No matter where we go, I always take at least one camera with me.  The weather was beautiful on this autumn day so I shot a few photos from the passenger side of our car while Sheila drove.  I haven't had the energy to wander around solely for the purpose of landscape photography so this is my mode of operation for this type of thing lately...  no tripod, handheld camera, in a fast moving car (or train).  

The telltale sign of being in a fast moving car is the motion blurred foregrounds in most these photos...



I like the vibrant colors of an assortment of tree types against the deep clear blue sky in this one...






Truth be told, I really prefer springtime colors.  Autumn colors look funkily weird to me and actually create a feeling of conflict within me whereas the pastel colors of springtime are far more natural and soothing.  I do, however, prefer autumn weather.  Nevertheless, for psychedelic-like autumn photographs, these are pretty nice!




Comments