Outside Christmas Decorations

Once again, I have fallen behind in writing here.  

My health has been really lousy...  the fatigue has been brutal and then I spent most of today in the bathroom.  I just can't seem to get much of anything accomplished.  Things have been lousy and leaning toward miserable (especially today).  

I have a lot to get done this week and it's beginning to look like I will not get everything done before Christmas at this point.  I'm hoping that my health improves through the night tonight so I can jump on a few things tomorrow morning.  Honestly though, at this point, I don't think there are enough hours in the day to get done what I need to get done this week before Christmas.  Add in the fact that I need to sleep a few hours every afternoon and this means it is less likely that I will get everything done at this point.  To say that this is frustrating is an understatement.  

Anyway...  I shot a few photos of our outside Christmas decorations a few days ago but forgot about them until I was shooting some short B-roll video clips yesterday (part of another little project I had hoped to get accomplished before Christmas but probably won't).  We've had the outside of the house decorated completely since before Thanksgiving even arrived but I finally shot these photos below a few days ago.

This first photo shows our trash shed...



Sheila and I had just finished cleaning all the snow off the roof and clearing all the walkways and the driveway.  It was still snowing so I grabbed my camera to finally get some shots of the house decorated for Christmas...






Sheila and I always make this big wreath shown below that we hang on our front door every year.  We use fallen branches from a couple of trees around the house.  This particular year we have a lot of fallen branches!  This coming Christmas weekend is supposed to be far, far windier than it has been so we expect to lose a lot more branches again.  Hopefully, the fallen branches in our area won't take any power lines with them.  Actually, I'm hoping the winds won't be nearly as bad as they say...  time will tell.


This is our kitchen garden window that I built a few years ago.  Sheila decorates it with multiple Christmas trees every year.  

As I wrote above, I'm hoping my health improves quickly and stays in a normal to better than normal range for a full week or more so I can enjoy Christmas and New Year's Eve this year!  



Comments