Stomach Bug in the House

Well, the stomach virus that is one of the things running rampant through society over the past few weeks has finally found its way to our house.  

All day yesterday, I had twinges of odd intestinal problems...  sudden pains...  a short lived cramp...  then I started feeling like someone had knocked the wind out of me.  Within minutes, I was in the bathroom with diarrhea.  I'd come out for a bit, then would need to get back to the bathroom.  This continued through most of the night.  Even when I was in bed, I couldn't lay down.  

Honestly though, what I experienced through the night was far less severe than one of my typical Systemic Mastocytosis episodes that involves my gastrointestinal tract.  Although, when this first started, I couldn't tell if it was viral or my illness.  

While I was sitting at the piano last night before attempting to lay down in bed, I started to get lightheaded like I was going to pass out.  I did some epinephrine and that problem was quickly resolved.  The diarrhea and lower GI cramps continued though.  Actually, that continued through the night with a number of trips to the bathroom.

This morning, I'm still feeling crampy and uncomfortable but I no longer have diarrhea so that is sort of good.  This makes me feel like I am improving at this point.  I haven't checked for a fever yet but I don't feel feverish.  

Although this has cut into my sleep with continued trips to and from the bathroom and just feeling crampy, all in all, so far, this has been immensely mild when compared to what I experience with my primary illness on a regular basis.  

Now...  when will Sheila develop this virus?



Comments