Fuji X30 on Instax Film

I had written in a previous blog entry that Kenzie and I did a mini photo session this afternoon in our living room with one studio light.  The primary purpose was to do some shooting with film using her Fuji Evo Hybrid Instax camera and my Mint TL70 Instax camera so today was mostly about film cameras.   

We also shot some photos with my new-to-me Fuji X30 digital camera since I'm still learning about that classic old digital camera.  I just picked up this little Fuji compact camera a few days ago but this was the first opportunity I had to shoot a few portraits.  I shot only these two photos below with the Fuji X30 and I think they turned out great.   

For a compact camera with a relatively small sensor, this camera handles very well and produces some nice images.  I'm still learning how to best use this camera and its wide variety of features but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.  I think I can get even better images with this camera with a bit more practice and tweaking of settings but these two portraits are looking quite nice.  I should point out that this camera isn't designed to be used in a studio setting nor designed to be used for professional portraits but I think it did quite well today capturing these studio portraits...





After we finished shooting, I printed these two images on Fuji Instax instant film and they look nice!  Of course, it is instant film so these prints aren't what I would call "high quality" but they are quite nice nevertheless.  I plan to have some professional prints done by my usual professional printer service soon and I'm sure they will look great.

We're heading up to the Burlington area tomorrow with Kenzie so I know I'll be using this little Fuji X30 more tomorrow.  I have a few other ideas for other types of photography while we are in the Burlington area and there are more settings I would like to try.  My long term plan is to use this camera as a small, lightweight and compact grab-and-go camera.  

As I said though, so far, I'm quite happy with this little classic camera and we had fun doing our mini photo shoot!


Comments

  1. Sheila is looking so beautiful! Kenzie too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both very good models making my job as photographer very easy! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment