A Relatively Productive Weekend

The weather and my health cooperated for a change so Sheila and I managed to have a relatively productive weekend.

We cleaned up the yard and then I seeded the necessary areas of the lawn (lots of them for some reason) while Sheila cleaned up the flowerbed all around the house.  I pulled out the lawn mower and cut the lawn.  I worked on the putting green and added seed again.  Sheila cleaned the playhouse for the grandchildren.  I did some pruning and clearing some new growth of Sumac saplings (we hate this invasive, nasty, ugly, weedy tree).  I turned on the outdoor plumbing and found that we have a couple of very leaky ball valves.  I'll need to pickup a couple of those so I can replace them.  I had hoped to get to some woodworking but I never got to that.  The yard is looking good for this time of year though.

We had two solid weeks of rain but, oddly, everything was still very dry.  The lawn mower was kicking up a dust cloud everywhere I mowed.  

My bone pain and joint pain is miserable now...  hmmm...  well, I should rephrase that...  my bone pain and joint pain is even more miserable than it has been over the past four months after all the work in the yard this weekend.  I'm exhausted too.  My breathing is in the six to seven range on a ten point scale so that isn't great.  My breathing seems to be slowly improving since my hospital visit in January but it is still not even close to being back to the way it was before Christmas.  I've been doing breathing exercises everyday for the past week to get past my long-COVID breathing problems and that seems to be helping.  After all the yardwork today, however, my breathing is taking a hit.

Anyway, we had a relatively productive weekend for a change.  I enjoy landscaping so it was nice to be able to do some of that over the past two days.

Now we just need to wait for the grass seeds to germinate and keep those areas moist.  Oh, and speaking of keeping those areas moist, I need to get the rain barrels up and running too.  

I think this was the first productive weekend we've had this new calendar year.  2023 is still proving to be the worst year I've ever experienced but maybe this past weekend is a sign that things are beginning to turn around.


EDIT:  My health continued on its major nosedive tonight.  I spent quite a bit of time in the bathroom sick as a dog.  That is always brutal but I'll take that over significant breathing problems.  I've taken some emergency medications tonight which mean the next few days will likely be down days with nothing getting accomplished.  Hopefully the worst of this mast cell attack is now behind me.



Comments