Hit With A Stomach Virus

I spent about 24 hours sick with a stomach virus.  It wasn't horrible but it was pretty lousy.  I'm typically not a puker but I had a very difficult time keeping everything down especially when I was lying in bed.  

This virus started shortly after going to bed on Mother's Day so I must have picked it up on Saturday when I went to the Post Office to send a package.  I suppose it is possible that I picked it up on Mother's Day from Whitney or Ellie but it is more likely that I picked it up the previous day at the Post Office.  

I spent almost all of Sunday night going to and from the bathroom.  Even when I was not in the bathroom, lying down to sleep was not much of an option.  Lying down just allowed the puke to move upward more easily so I spent my little bit of time in bed in a sitting position.  I think I may have gotten only one to two hours of sleep Sunday night before being awoken with a mouth full of puke.  I didn't actually get any restful hours of sleep until the early morning hours of Monday morning as Sheila was getting out of bed for work.  

I know I was still awake when the birds started their day by chirping away outside.  I think I sat in bed listening to them for about an hour before I fell asleep.  That must have been right around the time that Sheila got up to get ready for work so I think I probably got about three hours of unrestful sleep that morning.  I only managed to sleep for around three hours because I had to get up out of bed to head to the bathroom yet again.  I only managed to get an hour or so of sleep before I started suddenly puking in bed on Sunday night.  

Monday was a very lousy day.  I was in and out of the bathroom all day long.  I had stomach cramps, stomach pains, nausea and generally felt lousy.  I was holding back puke all day long and had diarrhea all day long.  Fun times.  

When I got up this morning (Tuesday morning), I felt pretty good.  I've been up for almost an hour now and I'm still feeling like myself again so that is good.  Considering this was pretty much a 24 hour thing, I must have had that stomach virus that is going around rather than this being related to my primary illness.  

Oddly enough, I do struggle with similar problems with my primary illness.  At least once or twice a month, I spend the night, sick as a dog, in the bathroom.  This virus was different though.  This virus wasn't as severe...  it wasn't as violent...  it wasn't as explosive...  and it wasn't as painful.  I usually get violent, almost painful, shivering resembling convulsions due to my primary illness too.  Sunday night to Monday night was more like a typical stomach bug...  just sort of lousy, needing to stay near a bathroom, and unable to sleep because the puke wouldn't allow sleep.

Since the pandemic started, it seems like almost every single time we venture out of the house or have someone come to the house, I get sick.  I already feel like crap most days because of my primary illness but adding viruses, including the COVID virus, to my health is making me want to avoid everyone all the time.  I'm sick and tired of getting sicker every time I am exposed to the public.  And, I know that the more times I get the COVID virus, the more I will struggle with significantly bigger problems.   

On a more positive note, now that I'm feeling a bit more like myself, I hope to have a productive morning this morning working on a couple of small woodworking projects out in the yard.  

Comments