Lake House Rules

I was relocating some stuff that was behind a door in the train room so I can build and install some shelves on that wall.  One of these items was a panoramic photo print of Lake Champlain looking toward the Adirondack Mountains so I hung that on the wall next to the desk.  There was a Christmas sign that we put outside in winter that I moved to our storage closet (even though it will need to go outside soon).  And, there was a chalkboard that I had written our rules for the lake house. 

I'm the one who wrote these rules on the chalkboard and I drew an image of the lake house on it too.  It came out fairly well although I wish the lettering was a bit more legible.  I actually like this idea and I even still think the rules are quite appropriate so I don't want to lose this chalkboard.  Actually, I should make another board with more permanent lettering for our backyard too!   Hmmm...  maybe even a smaller one for inside our home too.

We haven't used this chalkboard with the Lake House Rules on it lately because we haven't been able to head back to the lake since before the pandemic.  We're hoping to find another house there but that is another story for another time.  I've been searching though.  In the meantime, I figured I should get a photo of these rules in case the chalkboard is accidentally erased or somebody or something rubs up against it.

As it is, some of the chalk has flaked off the chalkboard but it is still mostly intact.  I'll type out the rules below anyway.  

First, here is the photo of this chalkboard...


______________________________________________________________


So, here are the rules...

- Follow these rules so Papa won't have to tie you to the dock for a timeout!

- Laugh loudly but Absolutely No Yelling!

- No fussing, whining or crying...  unless you are Papa!

- Play in the boats All Day but...  Always Wear Your Life Vest!

- Kids must supervise an Adult when in or near the water.

- Help yourself to food and drinks but CLEAN ALL YOUR DISHES

- If you wear it, Hang It Up!

- If you take it out, Put It Away!

- Don't pester Nemo, Dory, their friends or the loons or they may never visit us again!

- No Injuries Allowed!

- Jump, Dive and Swim in water but Do Not Drink Tap Water!

- If it's Yellow, Let it mellow...  If it's Brown, Flush it Down!

______________________________________________________________


It would be nice to have a place to post these rules again!


Comments