Fuji X30 Prints

Every now and then, I have prints made of some of my photos.  I've been wanting to see how images shot with my little classic Fuji camera look in print so I had a few of those images printed as you can see in the photo, below.


  
Since my health has been exceptionally lousy this year and it was a consistently rainy and smoky summer, I haven't had much of a chance to shoot with this camera as often as I would like.  Actually, I haven't been able to do much beyond things I absolutely had to do, rain or not.  That being said, I have captured a few photos with this camera that I really like so I had these images printed professionally.

The prints are looking nice!  I feel that the paper the printer used could be heavier but the prints do look nice.  This particular printer recently made some changes to how they print their high end prints so maybe I'll need to find a new printer.

Having prints made of photos I view on a backlit monitor is tough.  The monitor must be calibrated properly so that what I see on the monitor is what I get in prints.  This is difficult because the monitor always perfectly illuminates the image evenly all across the frame.  Physical prints are different though.  There is no light backlighting the image so you need to view them in good light.  "Good light" means bright diffused light that falls evenly across the entire print.  We've become so accustomed to viewing images on electronic devices that lighting for prints is often "bad light"...   ie, too dim, too many shadows, uneven, etc.  I often feel like my prints are underexposed but, when I remember to view them under a good light instead of lousy light, the prints look good.  

A print should feel good too though.  The print should be on a heavyweight photo paper.  The print should stay flat, especially small prints.  I don't like flimsy prints on lightweight papers because they simply feel cheap.  These prints I had done are a bit on the flimsy side...  too much so for my taste anyway.

They do look good though!






Comments