Fevers Still Coming and Going Daily

I'm five weeks into this bout with COVID and I'm still experiencing fevers every day.  Every evening my temperature rises into the triple digits range. 

I was feeling "fair" this morning when I got up so that was a nice change.  It was pretty short-lived though.

I have been ignoring snow removal due to struggling with the virus and daily fevers so, since I was feeling pretty good this morning (relatively speaking), I headed outside to clear out snow from around the house and off the roof.  By the time I came back inside a couple of hours later, I was feeling pretty lousy again.  

Every evening, my sinus headache returns along with the fever but the sinus headache this evening is quite painful.  This sinus headache came back with a vengeance after all the heavy work outside.  Of course, my spinal injuries were screaming at me too while I was moving snow and since then.  I took quite a few breaks while working outside in an attempt to get past the excruciating pain.  I've been shaped like a human question mark since lunchtime.  

I expected this painful outcome (it happens quite often) but I felt it necessary to mention here that my spinal injuries were not at all pleased with this heavy snow shoveling, raking the snow off the roof and manhandling the snowblower.  As I said, this outcome is typical for me but, after being sedentary and sick for five weeks, things were far more painful and difficult than usual.  

Back to the sinus pain...  the sinus pain has been diminishing daily for the past week but tonight feels like I stepped back in time about a month!  

In short, I'm feeling quite lousy tonight.  The nightly fever is higher than it has been in quite a few days too so that could explain feeling worse than I have been feeling the past few days.  Hmmm...  or the fever is worse because of all the pain and too much activity too soon...  who knows?  And, does it matter anyway?

Considering the beating my spinal injuries took today, I believe sleeping may be more difficult tonight and that has been consistently difficult through this bout with COVID.   At a minimum, I've been feeling "uncomfortable" most days.  This level of pain has been just enough to keep me awake and very uncomfortable.  Some days, the pain has been quite brutal as it is tonight.  I feel like a big nail has been pounded into my spine!

So, I will take some extra medications tonight with my nighttime dose of medications (although, no narcotics...  never narcotics...  I am a firm believer in treating spinal pain with physical therapy and, when necessary, some over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medications).  Hopefully that will help me feel a bit more comfortable.  Feeling miserable, and especially inflammation, also causes my primary illness to flare up which cascades down into dangerous anaphylaxis far too often so I want to avoid that as well.  

I can't imagine how miserable things would be if I wasn't fully vaccinated and fully boosted against the flu and COVID.  This bout is pretty brutal as it is but at least I am not needing a hospital and a ventilator.


PS...  on the positive side, the snowblower seemed to work just fine this morning.  The last time I used it I was thinking I needed to do some work on it.  Just the thought of trying to do some mechanical work in the cold was stressing me out.  On the day I had problems with the snowblower, it was not operating as it should...  no longer throwing snow, transmission was slipping so no drive power on its own...  Now that I see it seems to be working fine, it's possible that it was far too wet out there on that day.

I do, however, need to stud the new tires I put on the snowblower a couple of months ago.  It has been so warm that we've gotten alot of crappy winter weather...  slushy snow, heavy-and-turns-to-ice snow, resulting in icy walkways and driveway causing the snowblower to slip and slide and go nowhere.  

I don't think I'll attempt to stud the tires at this point until I am feeling significantly better though.  Oh, and it will need to be above 40 degrees out there for me to do any mechanical work anyway!


Comments