Stairs and Unlevel Ground

After my spinal problems and walking problems on Tuesday, I thought I was doing fairly well now.  I've been walking around the house with only mild difficulty and relatively mild pain which is a great improvement over my experiences on Tuesday and the excruciating pain in the weeks prior to Tuesday.  That was great.  Then, this morning, I attempted to walk out to the mailbox...

Inside our house, everything is on one level.  Plus, the house is very small so I don't have far to walk while inside the house.  We do, however, have one step off a small deck at our side door.  When I stepped off that one step, my right leg buckled under me and I almost ended up on the ground.  Then, I had one more step to traverse about eight feet later...  the same thing happened and I almost ended up lying on the ground. 

From this point on, the ground was unlevel and I continued having problems keeping my right leg underneath me holding my body weight.  Clearly, this new spinal inflammation is not behind me just yet.  

I guess as long as I continue to slowly improve, then all is well and I just need to work through this newest setback with additional daily physical therapy exercises...



Comments