Another Small Step Accomplished

I accomplished another small task this morning with my large scale steam locomotive kitbashing project.  

I spent about an hour this morning grinding the window panes down to size, however, looking at the photo here, they could still use a bit of finer sandpaper on the edges.  That will take only about five minutes though.  Grinding down the window panes from their large rough sizes to the finished sizes was a little time consuming.  It was easy with my belt sander but it was a bit time consuming.  



I also ventured outside into the wet, damp, soaked yard to survey some facia damage I noticed last night while grilling dinner.  The facia along the back section of the house is so rotted out that the gutter is now falling off the house.

These little emergency repairs that continually pop up really screw up accomplishing what I had hoped to accomplish.  Our summer season is far too short.  A long rainy spring doesn't help any.  So, whenever I see the need for an emergency repair suddenly appear, I get a knot in the pit of my stomach.  

My health is a major obstacle so I can only accomplish so much in a day, a week, a month and that is assuming my health is stable or "good".  This rather short amount of time gets shortened considerably further by lousy weather.  This also often means that something in my plans needs to be scratched off the to-do list to make room for the emergency repair.  I find this to be a very frustrating juggling act. 

Anyway, I need to pick up a few 1x8 facia boards as soon as possible.  This emergency repair will entail removing all the gutters as well as at least part of an arbor over our side door.  Then, after installing all the new facia boards, I need to prime the wood, and paint the wood.  I don't think I have any paint that matches the house either so I need to deal with somehow matching the existing paint.  Then I can reinstall the gutters and the big arbor over our side door.  This will eat up a week of my time and this assumes we have a week of good weather.

Just the thought of this extra work and how it will affect my health puts in a knot in the pit of my stomach.



Comments