Oven Repair

We're having a fairly big barbeque on Saturday for all the combined summertime birthdays so all the grandchildren will be here.  As luck would have it, about a week before we are having people over to eat some food, our oven broke.  After waiting on parts to arrive and for me to squeeze in some time and effort in fixing it, we finally have a working oven again.

We've been sort of neglecting the oven since COVID so it needed some work.  In order to replace this part, I had to disassemble quite a bit of the oven.  While I had the oven disassembled, I decided to give it a good cleaning too.  We can actually see through the glass door now!  



This was a last minute task for today before dinner.  I was only about 30 minutes late with dinner tonight so this task wasn't too time consuming.  It was a pretty dirty and disgusting task though.

Most of the day was spent programming my large scale steam locomotive.  I've spent quite a bit of time on this project!  After programming some features, I did some last minute detailing and then lubed all the moving parts.  I'm pretty excited with how well this little project has developed.

Once all this rain stops...  the Texas hurricane is moving through our area today and tonight (I can't remember the name of the hurricane nor do I want to look it up) so we're expecting downtown Waterbury to be flooded again...  so, once all this rain stops, I'll move all these trains outside for the weekend.  I think the weekend will be sunny, for a nice change.

Damaging floods in downtown Waterbury seems to be on a six month cycle in recent years rather than the usual 20-50 year cycle.  Anyway, when the rain stops, I have some landscaping to do and a few other outdoor projects.  After that stuff is out of the way, then I plan to set up our new garden railroad for the weekend.  Hopefully there will be no damage to all the work I've accomplished over the past few weeks.

The grandkids should enjoy the new garden railroad on Saturday!





Comments