My Giclee Print of Waterbury Train Station

In my post about an article featuring the Waterbury Train Station in Model Railroader magazine the other day, I mentioned that I had created a painting of this station shortly after it was renovated and restored. Since I had mentioned it here, I felt I should add an image of my painting as it can be seen hanging on our hallway wall.

This is an 8"x10" Giclee print on heavyweight art paper, double matted, and framed to 11"x14".  This is a really nice size since it does not require a lot of wall space.

I have always had an interest in trains and am a lifelong model railroader so my attention is often diverted toward old railroad tracks, old stations, and old trains.  I also have a background in civil engineering and architecture so distinctive architecture always captures my attention.  This landmark is no exception.  Someday I should just spend an entire day at this station shooting photos starting from before the arrival of the first Amtrak Vermonter in the morning until after the departure of the evening's Vermonter train heading to St Albans.  I would love to capture the visitors to the station, passengers boarding and deboarding, the trains coming and going, the architectural details, and the general feel of this beautiful, historic station.  In the meantime, I have this detailed Giclee painting to hang in my home.

From seagulls in flight to many architectural details, this is a beautiful and timeless painting.  It was a pleasant surprise to see this beautifully restored train station featured in Model Railroader  magazine.

A copy of this Giclee painting on heavyweight art paper, 8"x10", can be purchased.  The cost of a print only (no matting, no frame) is $45. 



Comments