Mast Cell Complications

The past few days have been quite miserable, to say the least!  In one of my blog posts from the other day, I mentioned that I was thinking my mast cells were attacking my kidneys.  I suppose that could be happening but this is, by far, the worst pain I have had in a very long time.  We came uncomfortably close to an emergency room visit yesterday morning.  Sheila stayed home from work until we decided to either drive me to the hospital or until my pain subsided enough to handle the day on my own.

The pain is only problematic between 3-9am...  I still have the pain throughout the day but it is quite tolerable the rest of the day.  This pain is a burning, searing pain seemingly emanating from the lower part of my kidneys in my back and then radiating out to all of my lower abdomen down to my groin making the simple act of walking excruciatingly painful, if not impossible.  This pain rates an 8 on the 10 point pain scale.

I've been flushing my body with as much water as my stomach can handle.  Fortunately, my anti-inflammatory drugs seem to alleviate enough of the pain to make life tolerable.  It would be nice to have a clue what the true source of the pain is and then have an idea of what I can do to effectively minimize or eliminate the pain.

For a while I was wondering if this could really just be more spinal issues.  (I have extensive spinal injuries, for those who don't know.)  The odd thing about this pain is that I am not feeling any 'source' of the pain radiating from my spine.  I always have spinal pain...  always...  but this is different and I can't connect a source to my spine.   This truly feels like the source of the pain is the lower part of my kidneys.

This problem is really affecting my sleep and my rest which, in turn, always proves to exasperate my mast cell issues.  I did have a mild anaphylaxic episode last night but my body recovered normally and on its own.  I had dizziness, almost passed out, was seeing little sparklies in my vision, then my heart responded within seconds...   my heart rate jumped up to around 160 beats per minute.  What makes this 'rather mild' is that I had no other associated issues...  no breathing issues...  no palpitations...  no nausea...  etc.  Lack of rest and lack of sleep will definitely take its toll on my health though.

I am just waiting for my mast cells to have had enough of this nonsense and then cause my health to crash with more complications.  Or, is it my mast cells that are wreaking havoc on my body already?  Never a dull moment.

Regardless, this truly has been a terribly painful week thus far...

Comments