Another Down Day

Last night wasn't one of the best nights of my life.  It certainly wasn't the worst, but it was lousy nevertheless.

Once again, my Systemic Mastocytosis negatively impacted my health.  This illness affects my health negatively every day, but that is my "new normal" so I don't really think much about my limitations when my health stays in this "new normal" range.

How any transient symptoms manifest can vary greatly so, each time I have any problem of failing, debilitating health, it can be a relatively new experience.  Last night was a little strange...

Earlier in the night, I felt 'okay'.  I was feeling a little full or bloated but nothing that would arouse suspicion.  (In hindsight, it should have.)  I had some moderate joint pain, but with the drastic change in weather today, I attributed this pain to the weather.  I was wrong, however, and these couple of things should have aroused some suspicion!

In the middle of the night I ended up sick and in the bathroom...  nauseated...  cramping...  stomach pain...  exhausted.  When I finally made it back to bed, I was weak, having difficulty breathing, freezing cold and shivering/shaking moderately.  Sometimes this shivering and shaking can be violent.   Last night, this miserable symptom was closer to a 'moderate' level though.  And the breathing issues were relatively minor.

My original plan for today was to do some more home renovations in the cooler weather.  I have been impatiently waiting for the weather to be more cooperative with my health for months and that day has finally arrived!  Unfortunately, my health is not cooperating so any plans for light home renovations are again delayed.  

I know that when I suffer symptoms due to my Systemic Mastocytosis I also have cognitive issues which not only cause silly mistakes (like cutting wood too short, or too long, etc) and wastes precious energy, but it can also be dangerous operating power tools.  So, any home renovations are put on hold...  yet again.  

Today will be a 'down' day...  rest...  extra medications...  and hope to recover...  


PS...  I'm hoping to feel better tomorrow so we can do a short cruise on Lake Champlain and then walk to a few pubs and restaurants in Burlington!

Comments