Nan's Birthday

Yesterday, we attended a little birthday celebration for Sheila's mom.  Fortunately, the weather was unusually cooperative and tolerable with temperatures 15-20 degrees cooler than it has been in recent weeks...  yesterday was sunny, 83 degrees and slightly breezy. That was some really nice weather for sitting out on the deck.

If we had last week's weather with temperatures over 100 degrees, the afternoon would have been completely unbearable and miserable!  But, this short post isn't really about the local weather, it's about Nan's birthday celebration yesterday.  Actually, it is about Nan's surprise birthday celebration yesterday...

Will had quietly invited the family to come over to celebrate Sue's birthday.  We arrived first and I suspect Sue simply thought we stopped by to see the grandchildren.  Although we were indeed interested in spending time with the grandchildren, we were really there to celebrate Sue's birthday.  

As a few more guests arrived, I'm sure Sue quickly realized that everyone was really there for her birthday.  We had some birthday cake, a little bit of lunch, and then the kids spent a little time in the pool.  All-in-all, it was a nice afternoon.

I shot only a few photos before the batteries in my camera went dead.  For some reason, I only grabbed my camera when we left the house and left extra batteries and other lenses back at home.  I did, however, bring my little compact camera which I use for video so I was able to get a few more mediocre photos and a few video clips.  

Anyway, here (below) are a few photos from the afternoon.  Happy Birthday Sue!  We had a nice time!




























Comments